Comfortable Dental Night Guards in Raleigh, North Carolina
Schedule an appointment with Raleigh Dental Loft today for comfortable, custom-fit night guards in Raleigh, North Carolina.
When our dental patients find themselves clenching and grinding their teeth during sleep, the most effective protection devices are comfortable dental nightguards. In Raleigh, North Carolina, many of our patients have seen amazing benefits for their oral health with nightly protection from teeth grinding. A night guard is a simple, non-invasive way to guard against a condition called bruxism.
Raleigh Dental Loft’s Easy Oral Health Solution
Wearing a mouthpiece is not appealing to most people, but our dental experts appreciate how effective it is for nighttime teeth grinding. At Raleigh Dental Loft, our dental team recommends this device for many of our patients because of the results we have witnessed over the years. The quality of our customer service is important to us, and this extends to every aspect of our practice and the dental techniques we are happy to promote.
If you are considering trying our night guards in Raleigh, North Carolina, it is an excellent decision that is sure to spark life-changing results. When a person grinds or clenches their teeth, there is irrefutable damage to their oral health. Bruxism is sleep-related, but many individuals are subconsciously clenching their teeth throughout the day, as well.
Four Side Effects of Bruxism (Teeth Grinding)
The common condition affects both adults and children, day and night. Young patients often adapt and improve on their own as they get older. However, adults usually require more assistance.
Our adult patients often need to wear guards throughout the night. Bruxism often results in headaches, tooth pain, and discomfort. Other dental issues include:
- Broken Teeth – Excessive clenching or grinding chips and cracks teeth. It can also go so far as shattering the tooth, resulting in an immense amount of pain and extensive reconstruction needs.
- Jaw Pain – Clenching also causes a lot of pain within the jaw and strains other muscles. Someone might experience intense headaches, discomfort within the ears, and various other pains.
- Fatigue – oral discomfort often leads to restlessness, resulting in extreme exhaustion as sleep deprivation takes its toll. The jaw pain manifests tension aches—the type of headaches that cause excruciating facial pressure. It is challenging to get a good night’s rest under these conditions.
- Facial Pain – Tension and oral discomfort affect the whole body, especially the head and face. Raleigh Dental Loft’s patients often describe unbearable pain as they come to us for help with night guards in Raleigh, North Carolina.
What You Need to Know About Night Guards in Raleigh, North Carolina
Sleep apnea sufferers are incredibly affected by bruxism. Our relaxed muscles and tongue can block the oxygen airflow as we sleep, making our body react with the clenching of the jaw and grinding of teeth. Wearing a guard at night is even more vital for sleep apnea patients because sleep mode gives our brains less manual control over our bodies.
Generic nightguards can be useful, but the fit is often a problem. The benefits of a nightguard are far more accessible when the device fits the form of the mouth perfectly. You do not need to worry about boiling or molding our night guards to fit your mouth’s contours—the Raleigh Dental Loft night guards are adjustable and custom-fitted to ensure comfort and effective use.
Choosing the right night guard is easy when you know what to look for in an effective device. Here are some tips from our dental experts:
- Size: You will want to choose a thin night guard—it is more comfortable as you are trying to rest.
- Duration of Use: Breaking in the night guard takes some time, but your body will adjust to the feeling after a few weeks.
- Timing: It’s best not to put the night guard in while you’re preparing for bed–put it in as you’re about to fall asleep so that you notice it less.
People with misaligned jaws and severe anxiety disorders also suffer these ill effects in Raleigh, NC, so why not try a simple solution while you sleep? Our dental experts are adamant about giving patients a positive experience, and we wholeheartedly support the use of night guards in Raleigh, North Carolina. Call Raleigh Dental Loft today at 919-859-4500 for more information.